It is that time of the year again, the time when you can smell Christmas in the air. The aroma of fresh and warm cookies has started to tingle our senses and the sound of jingles is making us swing. This season of celebration means feasting on numerous Christmas delicacies. However, indulging in these Christmas goodies brings you a lot of cholesterol and festive weight. And we all hate getting up early in this weather to run the extra mile to shed that extra cookie weight.
So what should one do to enjoy all the cookies, cake and other delicious feast without the facing the harsh after effects? The answer is Lloyd’s Halogen Oven. It makes all your Christmas yummies absolutely guilt free. You can boil, grill and fry your food in no time without compromising on taste. The best part about halogen oven is that it makes your food healthier and uses less butter or oil for greasing.
So step into the revolutionised world of cooking and health this Christmas. Bake this mixed fruit and cherry cake and savour the taste of Christmas.
- Dried chopped dates-handful
- Chopped glacé cherries-handful
- Mixed dried fruit- 350 grams
- Demerara Sugar- 100 grams
- Butter- 100 grams
- Self-raising flour- 225 grams
- Egg- 1
- In a large ovenproof bowl put dates, mixed fruit, sugar, butter and 150ml (¼ pint) of water.
- Place a gentle heat under the pan to slowly melt the sugar and butter, stir and then bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Keep the fruit mixture aside and let it cool for some time.
- Take the cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
- Break the egg into the bowl of cooled fruit and beat, and then fold in the flour and cherries.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, sprinkle in some extra sugar to taste and then turn your halogen oven to 150°C (300°F) and set the timer for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, leave it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn it out onto a wire rack to completely cool.
- Once cool, slice and enjoy with a cup of freshly brewed coffee for the perfect elevenses!
Go ahead and spoil yourself with this delicious cake; indulge yourself in it without worrying about your health when you bake them with your Lloyd Halogen Oven.
Have a Happy and a Healthy Christmas with Lloyd. Get happiness guaranteed at http://bit.ly/1GYoCOM